- Complementary medicine regulation basics
- Standards, guidelines & publications
- Forms for complementary medicine sponsors
- Complementary medicines reforms
- Regulatory decisions & notices
Standards, guidelines & publications
- Australian regulatory guidelines for complementary medicines (ARGCM)
The Australian Regulatory Guidelines for Complementary Medicines (ARGCM) is reflects the current Australian requirements for the regulation of complementary medicines
- Analytical procedure validation for complementary medicines
These guidance documents describe the minimum approach considered to be acceptable to achieve validation of the test procedures used for complementary medicines (products) and starting materials for use in complementary medicines
- Compositional guidelines
Complementary medicine compositional guidelines are intended to provide clarity to the specific form or type of substances that the TGA approves for use in listed medicines
- Colourings permitted in medicines for oral use
List of colourings permitted in complementary, OTC and prescription medicines for oral use and provides indicative data requirements for the evaluation of new colours for inclusion in medicines for oral use
- Guidelines for levels and kinds of evidence to support indications and claims
These guidelines assist sponsors in determining the appropriate evidence to support indications and claims made in relation to Listable medicines.
- Herbal materials & extracts
Guidelines on herbal materials and extracts
- Ingredients/excipients in Listed medicines
Links to information about the regulation of ingredients and excipients in Listed medicines
- European Union guidelines
Lists of European Union Guidelines relating to medicines, both those published as adopted in Australia and those published as not adopted in Australia.
- Section 7 declarations - food or therapeutic good?
Section 7 declarations are made under the Act to provide greater clarity in determining whether a product is a food or a therapeutic good
- Stability testing of Listed complementary medicines
Questions and answers on stability testing of complementary medicines to provide additional guidance to sponsors and manufacturers
- Substances that may be used in Listed medicines in Australia
These substances are eligible for use in medicines Listed on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods for supply in Australia
- TGA approved terminology for medicines
Lists of Australian Approved terminology that ensure accuracy and consistency in the information compiled in the ARTG. For medicines, the lists cover substances (active ingredients and excipients), containers, dosage forms, routes of administration and units of expression and proportion.
- Electronic listing facility (ELF) user guide
Training guide for the Electronic Listing Facility for listed and soley for export medicines. It outlines the system and provides instructions for producing and submitting applications
- Guidance on product changes in ELF3
Following the inclusion of a product as a Listed medicine in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG), sponsors may wish to change certain details previously advised to the TGA.
Web page last updated: Monday, 25 March 2013