TGA customer service standards
The Therapeutic Goods Administration is part of the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. The TGA's overall purpose is to protect public health and safety by regulating therapeutic goods that are supplied either imported or manufactured, or exported from Australia.
Therapeutic goods include medicines, medical devices and human blood, blood products and tissues.
At the same time the TGA aims to ensure that the Australian community has access, within a reasonable timeframe, to new therapeutic goods.
We comply with the Australian Public Service Values and Code of Conduct in all aspects of our business and value. This customer service charter sets out our commitment to the standards of service you can expect in your dealings with us.
- be helpful and treat you with courtesy
- acknowledge your letters and emails within 5 working days and ensure that our responses to you are timely, relevant and easy to understand
- where a full response cannot be provided within 5 working days, we will advise you when a response can be expected and keep you informed on progress if the issue is complex
- provide a courteous, efficient telephone service
- aim to respond to voice mail messages within two working days
- identify ourselves to you on the telephone and in our letters and emails we will include a name and contact details
- provide you with background and reasons for adverse decisions
- provide information and guidelines in plain language
- respect your right to privacy and confidentiality
You can assist us by providing information required under the therapeutic goods legislation in a timely and accurate manner. This will assist us in our commitment to improving our service. You can also assist by providing complaints, compliments and suggestions about this charter or our service to:
Chief Operating Officer
Therapeutic Goods Administration
PO Box 100
WODEN ACT 2606
or contact the Customer Feedback/Complaints Service:
- Telephone: 1800 020 653
- Email: email@example.com
- Users who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment can call through the National Relay Service:
- TTY or computer with modem users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 020 653
- Speak and listen (speech to speech relay) users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 020 653
Information about the TGA is available:
- on the TGA Internet site
- in TGA publications
- through subscriptions to email updates
- in the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing Annual Report
- through the TGA information line: 1800 020 653